Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mexican Dinner

As part of my YAGM experience I am required to raise funds to help offset the costs of my year of service. To do this, and help answer then multitude of questions I've been getting, I decided to have an informational lunch at church to help explain the program, where I'll be, and what I might be doing.

The menu

First, I would like to thank my lovely mother for all of her help with the preparations and cooking for this meal. There is NO WAY I would have been able to do this without her. Love you, Mom!

Because, really, it was a lot of food.


And now the menu, so you can try the meal yourself at home.

Gazpacho

Avocado, Tomato, and Cucumber Salsa

and from the wonderful Pastor Scott at Christ United Methodist Church, the newly dubbed "Guatelasagna" seeing as we were in Guatemala when we discussed this recipe.

We also had sides of rice, beans, and delicious bread from a local Mexican Bakery, Mama Inez.

All set up!




After lunch, I gave a presentation about my upcoming year in Mexico. If you would like to view the presentation slides, click here.

The meal was a great success. Many members of my congregation were very interested in the program and what I may be doing this year. I was nearly able to meet my fundraising goal, with the help of matching funds from Thrivent, and, quite importantly, there weren't too many leftovers!


No comments:

Post a Comment